If you link your bank account using the secure borrower portal, only the statements you need for your loan will be shared with your Loan Officer and automatically updated for the duration of your loan application. It's easier and more secure than emailing your documents! You can either watch the video or follow the steps with screenshots below.
1. Once you've logged into your borrower portal, click on "Bank & Investment Statements"
2. A button will appear for you to click on "Link or Upload Document"
3. Under the "Link" tab, click on "Select" and a drop-down menu appears with the 100s of financial institutions/banks we have partnerships with. Find your financial institution by simply typing the name into "search" or by scrolling through the list and clicking on your provider. Look closely, as some providers have multiple account names to choose from.
4. Once you've selected your financial institution, you are prompted to enter your username and password. This is the same username/password you use when logging into your online bank account.
5. Click "Login" and your account will begin linking!
7. As your accounts link, you will see the status "Fetching" next to the bank name. Depending on your financial institution and size of your documents, it may take a bit for your account to link.
8. No need to wait around on this screen, feel free to click "Link or Upload Document" to continue linking/uploading additional statements for your application.
8. Once all of your documents have fetched, you will see them "In Review."
9. If you'd like to view your document, click the three dots to the right of the document.
10. Click "View Document". A pop-up window will appear with your document.
If your financial institution is not available or you'd like to upload your documents instead, please follow the steps in this article: How do I upload my documents?
How do you know if your Loan Officer has approved your documents? Find out here: How do I know if my documents/statements are approved?